Monday, August 09, 2004

Ever meet a person that seems to be the man or lady out of your dreams?

Since coming to timmins I have met a lot of people but one person stands heads and shoulders above the rest when I think of a lady I would like to spend my life with. She not only matches me in intelect, but she is full of thankfulness and has a heart for Christ. Some day she will make a man very happy. I would mention who this person is but I don't feel it would be right because although our goals are the same to bring people to Christ we picture ourselves at other ends of the Earth from each other. My place for now is Timmins. I'm sadenned by this person leaving but she will remain in my prayers each day as she has been since I met her; along with everyone else that is dear to me.

I dare not tell this person how I feel for fear of either rejection or fear of changing plans for either them or me. I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong, but the people that I confided in and asked advise of all told me that keeping it to myself is the best course of action as we all part ways.

But for the unnamed person thank you for helping me to grow and for being a roll model for me.

This is a weird blog isn't it? Here are a few quotes to help illustrate the mangled web of thoughts running through my mind

Ps 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. (NIV)

Prov 31
10A capable, intelligent, and [2] virtuous woman--who is he who can find her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.(4)
11The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil.
12She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her.
17She girds herself with strength [spiritual, mental, and physical fitness for her God-given task] and makes her arms strong and firm.18She tastes and sees that her gain from work [with and for God] is good; her lamp goes not out, but it burns on continually through the night [of trouble, privation, or sorrow, warning away fear, doubt, and distrust].
20She opens her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her filled hands to the needy [whether in body, mind, or spirit].
23Her husband is known in the [city's] gates, when he sits among the elders of the land.(8) 25Strength and dignity are her clothing and her position is strong and secure; she rejoices over the future [the latter day or time to come, knowing that she and her family are in readiness for it]!
26She opens her mouth in skillful and godly Wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness [giving counsel and instruction].
27She looks well to how things go in her household, and the bread of idleness (gossip, discontent, and self-pity) she will not eat.(9)
28Her children rise up and call her blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied); and her husband boasts of and praises her, [saying],
29[3] Many daughters have done virtuously, nobly, and well [with the strength of character that is steadfast in goodness], but you excel them all.
30Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain [because it is not lasting], but a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord, she shall be praised!
31Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates [of the city]!(10)


Ecclesiastes 3
1TO EVERYTHING there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:
2A time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted,(1)
3A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up,
4A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6A time to get and a time to lose, a time to keep and a time to cast away,
7A time to rend and a time to sew, a time to keep silence and a time to speak,(2)
8A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.(3)

Ps 55:22
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. (NIV)

1 Corinthians 15:58
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


Parting is such sweet sorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home