Friday, July 30, 2004

You have turned my mourning into dancing Lord!!!

Wow what an experience tonight!! I finally got out of my place and headed to college and careers only to have the enemy try to stop me cold along the way. as I hit about a third of the way there some where around Shumacher I started having  an asthma attack. I could have stopped and turned back but I knew how important it was to get to church tonight of all nights, so I persevered and almost passed out due to lack of oxigen and vomitted a few times but I stuck to that trail on my bike till I got the 6 kilometers that remained behind me and locked my bike up at church. When I got in a little late but not too late. Everyone was having some personal prayer time so I snuck into the kitchen to grab some water and ran into a guy that came from the same back ground as me. we talked for a few minutes as I caught my breath. Then came the worship part of the service; now if you have ever been in a spot where you really didn't want to be you really don't feel like talking to God let alone praising Him, but I recalled a sermon my old pastor taught about when your down the best thing to do is prase God and to thank him in all things. Notice I said in all things not for all things. My low was not of God but through my low God used it to work miracles in my life. I usually lift my hands up in praise to my King but I found it so hard to do today finally we sang a song of worship and I forced my hands up in surender to God. That's when I started to feel better what happenned next is I asked for the praise and worship team to do Once again I don't know if all of you know it but here are the lyrics.


Once Again

Matt Redman
Verse 1
Jesus Christ
I think upon Your sacrifice
You became nothing
Poured out to death
Many times I've wonderedAt Your gift of life
And I'm in that place once again
I'm in that place once again

Chorus
Once againI look upon the cross
Where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercyAnd I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You
Once again I pour out my life
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross
Thank You for the cross my Friend

Verse 2
Now You are exalted
To the highest place
King of the heavens
Where one day I'll bow
But for nowI marvel at this saving grace
And I'm full of praise once again
I'm full of praise once again

CCLI Song #1564362© 1995 Thankyou Music For use solely in accordance with the SongSelect Basic Terms of Agreement. All rights Reserved.CCLI License #1643202 

I closed my eyes and wept as I sang it in prayer to Jesus. I didn't want to be at that place once again but I was. I felt like knealing while singing it but as I was with a lot of people I refrained from it. When we were done a senior member of c&c asked me if it would be ok if she said a few words about what was happenning over the last week as it was our time for group prayer. I said yes thank you. The group all laid hands on me and prayed for me I never knew I had impacted so many lives by being obedient to the Lord. Needless to say I am out of my depression and although I still long for home I know my work here is not any where near done.

At one time I thought I was called to be a pastor but now I think the Lord has ordained me with something simular yet more important; teaching pastors how to reach the people in need and working with them to support thier work. Mind you I could be way off in left field with that but it fits so well with the gifts the Lord has given me (the gift of humbleness, of teaching, leading, praise, worshipping, and giving) The vission the Lord has put on my heart is to teach people how to do exactly what Christ taught the deciples he taught them Servent leadership so they can go forth in any area and in anysituation and make deciples of people. He taught that the best way for any leader to lead is to beable to teach people to do the same as He did. and look at how the church in Acts grew ever hear of sinergy it's not new Jesus taught it and people just caught it from him when we work together for the cause of christ effectively we don't just add people to the body of christ we make it grow expedentially and this is what I feel I'm called to teach to people and why I'm place 2100 kilometers from my loving family and friends.

I see a revival taking place like TImmins has never seen where people will come out of the bars and into our churches to worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, The Comander of the Heavens and the Earth. I see them all worshiping and praising by the thousands and it won't stop here in Timmins as I spoke to a friend down in TO it's happenning there too. Satan is shaking in his booties today as we the mighty men and women of God ready for war against a defeated foe and it all started with the victory cry of Christ "IT IS FINNISHED!!"

Job 8:20-21
"Surely God does not reject a blameless man or strengthen the hands of evildoers. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. (NIV)

Psalm 4:7-8
You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD , make me dwell in safety. (NIV)

Psalm 16:7-8
I will praise the LORD , who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (NIV)

Psalm 30:11-12You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever. (NIV)

Psalm 86:4
Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. (NIV)

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (NIV)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home